WordPress websites are great for several things:
- Informational websites
- Mobile-responsive sites
- Retail sales
- Small, one page websites for highlighting a specific product
Here are the advantages of using WordPress:
1. WordPress allows site owners to have complete control over the content of their sites WITHOUT having to know HTML. It is an easy-to-use application that allows you to publish pages and blog posts, edit previous pages, upload images, embed videos and keep your site updated – all without knowing a lick of HTML or photo-editing.
2. Loading images is a breeze – you can take a full-resolution image straight from your digital camera and WordPress will automatically re-size it for you so it fits on a web page. If you can use Microsoft Word, you can learn to use WordPress!
3. WordPress software is optimized for the search engines, which means that your web pages get found more quickly and come up in searches more often. And because it’s easy to publish new content, you’ll be much more likely to update your site on a regular basis, which is the BEST thing you can do to be found regularly by Google.
4. Because WordPress is open-source, we can add numerous plugins to the basic program, saving you money instead of paying for custom programming to accomplish the same thing.
Key plugins include:
- SEO to optimize your site for the keywords
- Google Analytics, so you can easily
- track traffic to your site
- Twitter and Facebook “Like” buttons to your pages
There are currently over 18,000 plugins in the WordPress plugin directory. WebStores Ltd. continually monitors and evaluates the available plug-ins and selects the best ones for use on your website. If a plug-in isn’t available to do exactly what you want, we have the skill to customize a plug-in for your use or build the functionality you need from scratch.
5. The WordPress platform will allow your site to grow with you. WordPress is a fast, powerful publishing platform that allows your site to grow and expand as your organization does. You won’t need to switch platforms in two years because you’ve outgrown your web tool – WordPress will allow you to grow as fast and as big as you want, and it will be your partner in web publishing!
We are big believers in WordPress – in fact this site is a WordPress website. WordPress is an open-source content management platform that was initially developed in 2003 as a blogging tool. WordPress has grown and expanded over the last eight years. In 2010, WordPress added “Custom Post Types”, which basically made it flexible and powerful enough that is has become the world’s most popular content management system. Custom content types — which are called “post types” in WordPress lingo can now allow WordPress to perform any type of database solution you need. WordPress has four built-in post types, including posts, pages, media, and links. But with custom post types, you can add products, publications, advertisements, directory listings – anything you can think of! As an open-source system, we can design your WordPress website to look exactly the way you want – no more cookie cutter templates!